Groupon and the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity present Navigating COVID-19 and Civil Unrest: Federal and State Financial Resources for Black Businesses. We'll cover how Black Businesses can take advantage of federal/state COVID-19 grant/loan relief programs and rebuild damaged businesses post-civil unrest.
Featured welcome speakers:
- Juliana Stratton, Lieutenant Governor of Illinois
- Aaron Cooper, Interim CEO, Groupon
- Mark Ferguson, Illinois Deputy District Director, US Small Business Administration
- Stephanie Hart, Founder, Brown Sugar Bakery
- Jonathan McGee, Acting Deputy Director, Office of Minority Economic Empowerment
- Marc Morial, President, National Urban League
- Matthew Simpson, African American Business Development Manager, Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity
- Cameka Smith, Founder, The BOSS Network and BOSS On Campus
This is the third in a series of virtual panel discussions in celebration of National Black Business Month. For more on the series, visit gr.pn/nbbmmerchant.
Please note that the information collected below will help better tailor the discussion and align resources to participating businesses.